Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Riveting Rosie









Rosie the Riveter is a cultural icon of the early 1940s. While I have no memories of  Rosie, some folks at Phil's Place obviously do. I took a quick trip over to a WW2 role play sim, walked out of the indoctrination building and was immediately recognized . That sim didn't have what I was looking for, so I cammed WAY out and found this adjoining airport at Legends at Areonautica.




Rosie isn't exactly a fashion icon. I had a very difficult time not adding a belt to this outfit :D. Still the Rosies of that time did their part and deserve a bit of recognition. So if you happen to be a real life Rosie -- or even if your mom or grandmother fit the role, this post is for you.




This complete Rosie the Riveter avatar including skin, shape (not worn), lunchbox and pose is the  Brazen Women's  gift in the Down the Chimney Hunt.



Download my Windlight settings for this locale HERE.

Comments

Faerie said…
Women all over the world owe the Rosies a huge debt for advancing women's rights, because they proved that women could almost anything men could do and the world has never been the same since. To all the Rosies I say thank you!

Popular Posts