Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Top 10 SL Designs for 2009

So many wonderful designers; so little time! I could easily post a top 100 favorites, but I narrowed myself down to 10. This list is not meant to represent "the best", "the most intricate" or "the most creative". Instead it is a list of what I, Chic, feel most comfortable in. The items I have worn for days or months over the last year, the first thing that I type into inventory search when I need to dress in a hurry, my day off wear -- all are represented in this list. I didn't have to think about it all that much; the items are like old friends. It was fun to do and I would love to see YOUR list of favorite things for the last year. Your rules, your post!

So what was your personal Top Ten in SL for 2009?



I didn't go in with a plan for categories of favorites, but it worked out that way. My brain must be hardwired into a concrete sequential mode.  So here is my list from top to toe; there is no number one :D

Hair: .:[ Tiny Bird ]:. Kissy Kissy - Ginger.
The Stein Silver color came in a close second. This is the hair that currently feels the most ME.

Skin:  []::Tuli::[] Hope in all her many tones and makeups

Jewelry : *Ticky Tacky* Lick Me! Earrings - Black

Clothing: WoE Leah Thin Tank and Kloe Jeans - Midnight.
I litterally lived in these for a month or more this Spring.

Outerwear: ~*RunoRuno*~ Bulky Sweater from the Down the Chimney hunt
This is the only really new item on my list. I am betting it has staying power. The color goes with most everything and I love the casual but dressy design.

Boots: [Decoy] Jully Boots - Cocoa from the giant boot fatpack during the fantastic free week at Decoy.




Those are the wearables. To my personal list I will add:

Pose:  [LAP] - The Elysiana    --
Of the hundreds of  new poses i my collection this year, it is The Elysiana that makes me feel the most free.

Prop: [Avoid] Cardboard House (top photo) for its fun creativity and great poses.

Furniture :[MudHoney]:: Designs - Japanese Garden Chair and Table
Simple and rustic with a fun "going to sleep almost" animation amidst the poses. /1a adjustment

Home:  Parajen Stone Shack  (below)



Hundreds of honorable mentions go out to all the great designers that make our virtual lives SO much more enjoyable. Beauty is definitely in the details!

I believe that most of these items are still available -- just in case they look like they might be on YOUR list for next year.


Chic

Comments

Narita said…
*happy dance* :D <3
EE said…
Wow...whatta list !!

Creativity and design skills meet SL blogger extraordinaire...Chic Aeon

Kudos to all who made the list. The competition was fierce.

A sincere thank you to Chic for the year of blogging. Most assuredly your art and words far outpace your financial rewards. And, yes, I can spell F-R-E-E. :)

I can hardly wait for 2010.
.
.

Popular Posts