Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Exploring Nomos



Nomos opened today; it may have made its morning deadline -- I was busy with other adventures as the clock hands met at twelve. The first thing I noticed upon my arrival was that I apparently had no idea what retro - noir attire actually was - LOL. Nomos is a futuristic city. A little bit of S.I.C.K and a little Fifth Element.

You arrive at the departure, shop and game room area high in the sky. Here you can pick up a three day only Explorer Tag. Nomos is a SGS gaming city so if you want to stay around or visit next week, you'll need to pick up the game hud. Both are available in the game room. Just follow the signs.

Click any photo for a high rez version.







Once you have your hud in place, you'll need to follow the blue signs to the departure area. A long tunnel leads to a shuttle where there are instructions for teleporting.

Your shuttle arrives at the city and you depart into a similar waiting area. Follow the stairway down, down, down to the city proper.

You MUST have an Explorer tag to get to the city.




Nomos is an impressive build, massive and complex. From the outside the city looks a bit like a futuristic fortress.
It is a cold place; unfeeling. The bright lights hide the  city's secrets and dark passageways lead you back to your starting point.








I wasn't comfortable in Nomos, but it might be a perfect place for you. We are all different; that is the beauty of both our RL and SL worlds.

I doubt I'll ever return here, but it was good to see.

Style notes are in the previous post. I changed my hair to a more futuristic style, Scorpio from EXXESS. Earrings became a more modern version, Baubles Moon Earrings in silver.

Comments

Vitabela said…
I visited Nomos today,and I can say it's much more than I expected,no matter of the sim theme it's the best build i've seen since I play sl,so worth to be visited!
Cliff B said…
I'm not here to start trouble but if you research it, 90% of those textures in that city (sim) are taken (without permission) from a games called Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 3. Just a major fact people should know. As someone who worked on those products, I will be filing a DMCA. I suspect there is some Gears of War PC textures in there as well.

So it's an impressive use of ripped textures.

Popular Posts