Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Misty Morn

I've always loved Babbage in the fog. The quiet waters, the distant foghorn, the glow from the gaslights -- lead me back to other times and places.



My Victorian wardrobe hasn't had a lot of newness of late, but last night after lots of hunting and gathering, I found this lovely dress from Rag Dollz Steampunk Emporium. It is one of 14 items, many of them dresses, to be found at the current store hunt. Some are in the main shop, some in the discount shop, some in the shoe store across the way and a few outdoors. This dress can be found outside the shop, but while it is MY favorite, you may enjoy another more, so look around a bit and see how many you can find. The eggs are of different colors and fairly large. They are not well hidden, but there are plenty of things to look at and behind and around -- you get the idea.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I need to tell you that there are some issues with the shoulder and neckline seams of this dress. Luckily I remembered that I had this cute capelette from Laughing Academy. It is not new and was a freebie of some kind, maybe a hunt? I'm not sure. Still, if you wear Victorian outfits often and don't have a capelette -- well why not? Every well bred lady needs one.

The gloves and hat with very lovely silk flowers come with the dress. A vest is also included.  I added some Caledonian shoes (also old) and some flower earrings and I had a great vintage outfit.

I was very pleased with how this all went together and made it into an outfit. I might just do some socializing in Winterfell one of these days.


Style notes:

Hair: Catbird Sarah
Skin: []::Tuli::[] Eva (tone 5/br) 07a
Clothing: Rag Dollz Beatrice; Laughing Academy *la* Victorian Quilted Velvet Short Cape
Shoes: ~Ztique~ Caledonian Primp (NLA)
Accessories: :: cover girl :: rose pierce earrings (old)

Poses by PhotoGraphique.


For the bunny fans, I've added a photo of Kai at four. Growing up. When I went over to visit the bunnies and hold Kai, I couldn't help noticing how color coordinated we were *wink*. Even our eyes match, although his are MUCH prettier.

Those are my new grapes in the background. The neighborhood is changing. A gypsy gal with one of those great wagons moved in not far away. The trees behind me will most likely be gone soon. Such is the march of time.

Comments

Popular Posts